By Lean Logistics. Illustration picture: Edmund Mongstad
LeanLogistics, global provider of transportation management systems announces that it will be running a half day and evening event for the food and seafood industries. The event will be held in the luxurious five star The Thief Hotel in Oslo, Norway on 3rd December 2015.
Norway is the world’s second largest seafood exporter and the equivalent of 37 million seafood meals produced by Norway is consumed worldwide each day. In 2014, Norway exported NOK 69 billion (€7.6 billion) worth of seafood. The biggest importing countries are Poland, France and the UK.
However, the unpredictability of harvesting or catching live fish puts great pressure on the supply chain. Knowing customer demand but not completely knowing supply volume creates uncertainty as to whether the demand can be satisfied. This also means that transportation volumes are not readily known. This, together with short lead times to reach customers sites, can result in the shipper either having a surplus or shortage of transportation capacity which then leads to increased costs as the real capacity is determined.
LeanLogistics has helped companies save between 5% and 15% of their transportation spend by using LeanLogistics Transportation Management Software (LeanTMS). Marine Harvest, a keynote speaker, has been a LeanLogistics customer since 2013 and has already saved up to 5% in transportation costs.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn how to reduce transportation spend, increase visibility across the supply chain and control freight spend via automated self-invoicing using LeanLogistics’ Transportation Management System software (LeanTMS).
Attendees will also:
- Learn how LeanLogistics helped Marine Harvest improve their supply chain
- Hear about Norwegian transportation challenges from the Institute of Transport Logistics
- Discover more about the expected developments in the Norwegian seafood industry from Norsk Fiskerinæring
- Gain insight into the product roadmap and visibility customers receive through the LeanTMS platform.
- Have the opportunity to network with peers in the aquaculture industry in a relaxed environment
- Enjoy a lovely dinner with your peers in a luxurious, relaxed atmosphere – on us!
Presentations will also be given by LeanLogistics senior management describing the features and benefits of the European LeanTMS solution and future product plans.